Sunday, September 21, 2014

white privilege

This article by McIntosh was scary accurate and also a little disturbing. There  is a such thing as white privilege even though there really shouldn't be. Everyone has stereotypes instilled in their brains and it is just something they will always think of. For every example McIntosh gives about white privilege it really made me think about how accurate it is. When she says that she can swear or wear second hand clothes without being related to poverty or bad morals I almost got like a visual in my head about how different the outlook people would have on a person of a different race swearing and wearing second hand clothes. The reason white privilege even exists is because of all the past generations. Even though races get along now and everyone is truly equal there is still a such thing as white privilege because it has been passed along and talked about so much throughout the years that it will always remain in the back of our minds, unfortunately.
White people just have a bad mentality of thinking they have more power because in past decades white people have been the head of power. but it's not the past anymore.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHJN-0zAXK8


The link above is a short video of two news casters discussing white privilege and how true it is which sucks. I figure others in the class will find this interesting too.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with what you said. As I was reading the article I kept saying to myself this is so true.

    ReplyDelete