Monday, November 10, 2014

Kayne and Westheimer

This reading talks about service learning and stresses that it's charity and not change. I believe it's both, in some ways. About a month ago my grandfather passed away and he had been staying in a nursing home near my house for the past few years. After he passed I have visited and helped out at the nursing home from time to time. It gives me peace and I still feel a piece of him with him. I know that I should've helped out more there when my grandfather was still living there but it took a change in me and in my life so give back. I know it's what he would want. So yes it is charity but it is also change. To answer Reagan- yes, I do believe I am a better person today then I was four years ago. Sometimes it takes something traumatic to happen to make change occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment