Monday, November 10, 2014

Wise

When I read the first paragraph of this reading my jaw dropped. The racism that was displayed in just about five sentences is sickening. The fact that a cop just shot black men for no reason and one was suppose to be married the next day is disgusting. It's a crime that the cop ever thought that was okay. Or  that two white kids dressed up as black kids to throw "ghetto" parties. Black doesn't mean ghetto. I hate the narrow mindedness of people. It talks about it in this reading and I have wrote about it before in my blog and think pieces but it is just terrible how "white privilege" is reality. It isn't true and not all white people are better than all black people. But for generations now white privilege has been carried on and it does diminish but it is always there and it always causes problems for people who believe that way of life.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the third picture you posted, it really depicts how we grow up to think so many different ways about people and it is just instilled in our mind that these thoughts are true. A lot of what we have talked about relates to the "White Privilege" article and I think you do a great job of expanding those thoughts and ideas.

    ReplyDelete